Joe McElderry Wins 2009's X Factor ~ Celebrity Scope
CELEBRITY SCOPE

Joe McElderry Wins 2009's X Factor

Monday, December 14, 2009 |

Joe McElderry Wins 2009's X Factor

Joe McElderry has beaten Olly Murs to win 2009's X Factor and a £1million recording contract. The 18-year-old from Essex will now release his version of 'The Climb', originally performed by Miley Cyrus.

There were more than 10 million votes cast and in the end, the bookies favourite for weeks won through. Joe wowed last night during his performance with George Michael and by far produced the best rendition of this year’s winner song on tonight’s show.

Joe was mentored by Girls Aloud’s Cheryl Cole, making this the second year in a row that Cole has worked with the eventual winner.

"He deserves every minute of it," he said. Olly can take heart from JLS; they have proved that it's possible to have success even if you don't win. Joe beat 200,000 applicants to become the last man standing. Overjoyed and overcome at his victory, he hugged his mentor, fellow Geordie Cheryl Cole, and said: "I can't even speak, thank you so much everyone."

Joe McElderry later added: “This is all for my mum. I want to thank her for everything and buy her a house. She means everything to me and I just want her to know how much I love her. Spending some money on her is the least I can do. Mum, this is for you.”

Simon Cowell added: “I have a mixture of emotions, I am sorry for Olly but I am happy for Joe.” Referring to Cheryl, he said: “This one is going to be so smug, but she did a great job. The two of them together deserved to win.”



0 comments: